An air source heat pump is an efficient way of supplying your heating & hot water
Air Source heat pumps are fast becoming the popular choice for providing low cost, clean energy for hot water and heating. Heat pumps qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive which gives cashback every 3 months for 7 years.
If you have an Energy Performance Certificate for your property you can use the Government’s own calculator to find out how much RHI you may receive.
This video from the Energy Savings Trust explains how heat pumps work and how to get the best out of your heat pump.
- Lower fuel bills.
- Income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Lower home carbon emissions (amount depends on fuel you are replacing).
- No fuel deliveries needed.
- Can heat your home as well as your water.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Easier to install than a ground source heat pump.
Air source heat pumps are fitted on the outside of your home, preferably in an area that has a good circulation of air. Whilst they range in size depending on your heat demand, most are about the size of an air conditioning unit. Click here to find out more on How Air Source Heatpumps work.