About the Caplor Group
Caplor is an established business based in rural Herefordshire (West Midlands) owned by the Williams family. The team are genuinely focused on making a positive impact in terms of people, planet and profit; they’ve gone the extra mile in the county, regionally and internationally.
Award winning business
Our award winning family business has operated from Caplor Farm in Fownhope since 1923 and has a rich history being first run by Gareth’s grandfather, then by his father, mother and now by the Caplor team.
Throughout each strand of the business a commitment towards achieving a sustainable future which not only benefits but involves the local and wider community prevails. Rather than focusing merely on profitability, we advocate a sustainable approach of ‘triple bottom-line accounting’ with an awareness of social, environmental and economic issues.
Four strands to the Caplor Group
The Caplor group has evolved from a third generation family business into four businesses. The latest strand is the addition of Caplor Horizons in 2014 (set up as an independent charity and exceeded expectations in its inaugural 18 months).
Award winning renewable energy business designing and installing solar systems for business, communities and homes.
Low cost rural lettings and property management services in Herefordshire and South Wales.
Mixed arable farm and livery delivered in partnership through the family network.
Works with both UK and international organisations to strengthen leadership and teams, review and develop effective strategies and help improve advocacy.
Caplor is proud to be a business contributing towards a sustainable rural economy in Herefordshire. Our core message is to conserve and enhance the long-term social and environmental future of the planet. One way we achieve this is by inspiring home owners, businesses and communities to install renewable energy systems.
- Our family business has been operating since 1923. We are determined to put our customer’s needs before our own, so we will be here for a lifelong relationship.
- To protect your investment and our reputation we only use top quality products from robust manufactures with long life performance.
- We lead by example because we believe in what we do. We have made considerable investment in sustainable energy here on our 120 acre site.
- Our friendly, knowledgeable team are on hand to talk through the range of renewable technologies available and help you select the most suitable for your project.
- We genuinely help you through the whole customer journey. This includes securing government incentives, providing finance, grid permission and even planning permission if required.
- Our installation and after sales teams can support you through the life of your solar panels.
- We have hundreds of happy satisfied customers willing to tell you how great we are. Please take a look at our testimonials
- Demonstrating independent recognition of our credentials, our work has been recognised by a plethora of both local and national awards.
- We invest in our staff who are constantly developing and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and changes within the industry, so we continue to be leading experts in our sector.
- As experts in our sector we actively contribute toward the sustainability and energy agenda at local to national level via board and working group memberships including the Solar Trade Association, SWM and HiTA.
- We have a range of energy and money saving products from solar panels to solar thermal to biomass systems and heat pumps.